ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT FOR ALL MAJORS (Supplemental to Faculty Advisement)
The Office of Student Development (OSD) offers professional academic advising for all majors to help serve students' needs and provide additional support in the faculty advising process.
Students may receive assistance from OSDAcademic Advisors in the following manner:
- Additional discussion on course selection and options, in cooperation with faculty advisement
- Strategies for balancing courseload and number of units
- Making adjustments in response to scheduling conflicts/needs
- Planning for graduation
- General campus and academic problem-solving
- Referrals to Campus Resources
To make the most of the time with the academic advisor, students are encouraged to to make an appointment in advance by calling OSD at (818) 252-5232.
Students may, however, drop by the Whitten Student Center Monday through Friday, between 9:00am and 6:00pm to see if an advisor is available.