Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

International Students: Planning Your Arrival


Students Transferring from Another U.S. School

If you are a transfer student from another American university and have an F-1 student visa, the Office of Admissions will mail you an International Student Transfer Form.  Information can be found here. The International Student Transfer Form needs to be completed to begin the transfer process to Woodbury University.  The form should be completed toward the end of the final semester of study at the U.S. school you most recently attended by the international student advisor at that school.

Due to new immigration laws, you must inform the international student advisor at your previous school that you have made the decision to attend Woodbury University. He/she will then inform the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of your decision and enter a release date. Only when the release date is given can Woodbury University give you a SEVIS Form I-20.
Students Coming Directly from Abroad
If you are arriving to the U.S. directly from abroad, please note the date indicated on the SEVIS Form I-20 by which you would need to arrive in the U.S. and report to Woodbury University. Do not enter the U.S. using Woodbury’s SEVIS Form I-20 if you plan to attend a different school! Similarly, do not enter the U.S. using another school’s SEVIS Form I-20 if you do not plan to enroll at that campus.
When you are accepted to Woodbury University, you will also be issued a SEVIS Form I-20. This is necessary for you to obtain an F-1 student visa from the U.S. Consulate/Embassy so that you may enter the U.S. as a student. Be sure to allow enough time for visa processing.
When you apply for your F-1 student visa, please bring the following documents with you:
  • Letter of acceptance from Woodbury University
  • SEVIS Form I-20
  • Passport valid for at least six months after your proposed entry date into the U.S.
  • Financial evidence of sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study
  • Photographs. Please see here for the specific format
  • Receipt of your Sevis (1-901) fee payment
  • Completed Application Form.  You may download these forms from your home country's U.S. embassy's website.
You may also be required to obtain certain immunizations before entering the U.S. You can find more information on the U.S. government travel site.
Be sure to contact the U.S. Consulate/Embassy​ and request any additional information that you may need.