Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Travel and Visas


Your Passport Must Remain Valid at All Times
Your home country’s consulate/embassy should be contacted at least 6 months before the expiration date regarding renewal procedures.


Traveling Outside the U.S.
Your I-20 must be endorsed for travel when you leave the U.S., even to Mexico or Canada. Please note that your passport and visa should be current. Please plan ahead and seek the travel endorsement from the Office of International Student Programs at least two weeks prior to your travel. The signature endorsement for travel is valid for six months; however, it is highly recommended that you meet with the international student advisor before every trip outside the U.S. You must be pre-registered for the following semester if you are traveling in between semesters.


Visa Application

Once you are accepted to Woodbury University, you will be issued an initial I-20. You will need this I-20 to apply for an F-1 visa in your home country. The visa application process is explained in greater detail on the United States travel site.


Visa Renewal

Depending on your home country, you may be required to renew your student visa during your program. More details on visa renewals can be found on the ICE website.


Study Abroad

If you are studying abroad, notify an International Student Advisor of your acceptance to a Woodbury University study abroad program. The International Student Advisors will assist you with obtaining a visa as needed.